I think we all needed closure today.
I don't know how successful our hawk barrier is going to be, but I did see one fly away, giving what I'm sure was a cry of disappointment.
The yard is about 45 feet square on its largest sides, and it took about 3 or 4 hours to cover it, having to go around clumps of honeysuckle-bound trees.
I tied ends to the wire, and Michael operated the 4 spools of fishing line. My deltoid muscles are going to be screaming tomorrow. But it looks pretty cool, don't you think?
Then we tackled moving the perimeter of the horse pasture fence a little lower...
... so that we would have easy access to the future working greenhouse, as well as the perennial herb bed we want to put in below it, hopefully this fall for both projects.
Electric fences are nice to have for situations where you will be moving them. They can be adjusted whenever you are willing to pull and reuse the posts. Kind of necessary these days and in this financial climate. The cost of t-posts have nearly tripled in the last five years. We've got 8 more posts to pull from the old, larger perimeter. We'll store those for re-use.
Our potatoes are coming along nicely!
We are still pretty tired today, so we moved a little slower than we normally do. Would have liked to have gotten more done. But as Scarlett says, "Tomorrow is another day!"