Sunday, May 3, 2009

April 26, 2009 ~ Spring Time Crunch Is Here,.

.

But I don't mind too much. There is just this one time of year that everything really takes off and you have to scramble for a couple of months. However, there is so much energy as the sun warms your skin, the wind whips up once in a while, the plants get a massive burst of life, animals play in the fields and little ones are born...

We just feed off it, knowing that about the time summer hits, things will slow down a little and we can enjoy some lazier afternoons in the heat of the day.

It's the surprises that get you. LOL The little extra we had today was a baby shower for a couple at church. We have been trying to get home in the middle of the day on Sundays so we can get a little work in before heading back to church in the evening. So we leave very early to do our window washing job before church.

I knew we'd not make it home, plus we had shopping to do. I somehow always manage to wait til the last minute for those.

To make a long story short, we decided to stay home from church that morning. Michael mowed with the tractor mower and I huffed and puffed, pushing the little mower around all the nooks and crannies the big mower can't get to. It was warm and I had to take a break for a cool drink and catch my breath. It takes a while to get used to warmer weather.

This has been a great little mower. I drug it out from behind the shed after a couple of years of not being used, and after just needing a fuel line replaced last year, it starts up every time. I'm very grateful for that.



Over there is the area I mowed. The building on the other side of the fence line is one of our neighbors, but I did around all the various crops, fences and jutting rocks on steep slopes over. Whew!



Michael had the tractor over by the studio for blowing it off after jobs as usual. That little air compressor does not put out a lot of air. It's only good for about 5 seconds before the motor kicks in, and 10 seconds til it's out of air. Then it runs for another 5 minutes to fill. I will be keeping my eye out for a larger used one.



Then it was off to town to quickly get our window washing job done, shop for a present, and head to the shower.



It was a great time. The couple was very blessed by many gifts, and we played some fun games. A quick visit with my folks filled in our time before the evening meeting of The Truth Project. We try to visit my parents at least once or twice a week. My mother has Alzheimer's and it's harder for them to get out these days.

Hoping my poor memory is due to mere stress,

Faith

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!