Tuesday, April 21, 2009

December 6, 2008 ~ Organized Knitting and Art

.
As we got into colder weather and I continued my healing, there was not a lot of things to accomplish other than daily household things. We had Thanksgiving. We had our first snow.

While decorating for Christmas I decided I'd had enough of using my laundry basket for holding my knitting supplies. So I picked up a basket from town and began hot gluing some spare fabric into it for a knitting basket that I could keep on the hearth.

This photo shows the basket upside down after I hot glued the fabric to the bottom of the basket and then began tacking the folded edge around the top. Upside-down helped me to gather the fabric more evenly.




Done.



This looks way better than my laundry basket!



I decided to use my down time a little more constructively and try out something that would help give some therapy to my hand. I bought some clay, put some on a plate and began shaping it.



This is what it turned into by the end of the first day.




Being shaped and molded myself,
Faith
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!