Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Slight Detour


20081012_5670



20081012_5669


Remove sport equipment and put in in living room along with extra seats from your minivan and....

VOILA! Delivery truck!


20081012_5672


With my first pay from painting, I was so excited to have some extra money that I could not resist going ahead and finishing a project Michael and I had begun way back in early spring. An extension to a patio cement pad I had put in a few years ago with a girlfriend who has since passed on from cancer. We traded work days at each others' places. We got stuff done, but got to chat and visit as well. I taught her how to lay a cement patio and she taught me a little more about her nursery business.

The patio has been a cluttered hodge-podge area


20081012_5674


where I put my weight equipment and BBQ (on days when it wasn't in the dirt). But we really want a place to sit and enjoy outdoor weather while we BBQ. So we've been buying up a few stones every week or so in anticipation of having enough to do the job of creating a 10 x 10 addition.



20081012_5671


As you can see, WE BOUGHT THE REST!!! Cool! I had to buy some pavers for the back porch project and I just bought all we needed for this project. I'm really happy!

We took up the few pavers we had down and the next job is to level it.


20081012_5676




20081012_5679


I honestly hate leveling things. It's annoying to think it's level, only to find you are way off. But there is nothing to do but begin, and stop whining.

Look at this cute little guy!


20081012_5678


Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!