Monday, October 13, 2008

Life is full of detours.


20081013_5681



20081013_5682


Isn't this nice? A friend gave us a huge bag of Fugi apples. Very crisp and juicy ones. As soon as I find the time I'll do something with them. Monkey-boy up there. I think the natives are restless and want to head outside, don't you?

Before we get busy on the leveling we had to take care of a couple of things...

I've been having battery cable corrosion trouble. I dislike new cars. As soon as possible I am going to get a classic car rhat I can work on. These new things are a nightmare!

Believe it or not, I am taking a picture of where the battery is to be found. Can you see it?

Me neither.


20081013_5687


A little scrubbing of the cable clamp and the post with a solution of baking soda and water gets us started again.


20081013_5683


Then we had to blow off the registers from the painting job so I can paint them later on.



20081013_5684


Now for some hot and hard work. It was warm today again.



20081013_5691


Look at this clay! WOW! Really hard to get through.



20081013_5693


I wear a dress for a lot of work outside. It's just cooler than jeans.


20081013_5695


We drank a lot of fluids, sweated it all back out again, laughed and grumbled good-naturedly a lot - and I hope we made a dent in the work. I'm telling you, it doesn't feel like we did!

Our last detour for the day was beginning a sukkah. For home schooling we have been studying Jewish feasts and we decided last minute to do our best to celebrate Sukkot, or the Feast of Booths. We actually had the wood necessary to build it laying on the floor of the tool shed, waiting to be useful, so it didn't cost us a thing! This is the frame going up this evening.



20081013_5696


Goin' on - Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!