Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lake Outing - August 10, 2010

.

In one of the girly cars, on the way to a birthday bash at the lake.





We had too much fun on the way over. We received a phone call from a police officer while driving. The son of one of my friends noticed us as we all had our arms out the windows, making like our SUV had wings down the highway. That's still legal, right...?

Picking up more along the way.





Follow the red canoes!





OK, this looks like a good spot!





Hey, do we know you?





Perfect. Right near the bathrooms!





I never did get that group shot. But we had wonderful shade over both tables and plenty of food.





Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,





A tale of a fateful trip.





That started from this tropic port





Aboard this tiny ship.





Actually, they were headed for that island. Some of them rode in the canoes, some swam.

I could not swim far out, as I have a bum arm, but I enjoyed the water close to shore, visiting at the tables, and watching duckies.









The thunderheads began building.





The explorers returned.





And just in time for the sprinkles to set in, we packed up





and made our way to the theater to watch Despicable Me together. I vote two thumbs down for that movie.

But two thumbs up for the day!

~Faith

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!