You are a hard worker. Someone who takes the scrap out of life and builds things with it. Someone who has so much going on that others can see the evidence of it all around you. You are one who contributes mightily to life.
This award was given to me by my very first subscription, Tracey, of Peaceful Acres. She is another awesome lady who is going it alone, as Michael and I are. She does some great things and posts about them on her blog, which I get to learn from. She'd make a fun and interesting neighbor to share ideas with, and she's got beautiful grandkids.
When you are awarded the Honest Scrap award here are the things you should do. (I am keeping in mind it is the middle of growing season and all of you may not have the time) First, you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not already know, but are true. Second, you have to tag 10 people with the award. Third, you have to let the people you've given the award to, know that they've received this award from you. Finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.
1. I’m a down-to-earth dreamer. I always have some sort of big idea I’d love to do that takes about a billion dollars, while I happily go about my work for the day.
2. It took me til the age of twenty to get the courage to have my ears pierced.
3. I do Sudoku to put myself to sleep at night.
4. I would love to have a dozen or more children.
5. I have always had very long hair all my life, except for an ugly short shag phase in the 70s that my mother forced me to get.
6. My favorite movie that I’ve watched the most is the original Parent Trap.
7. The only water I have ever liked to drink was from our California well when I was a child.
8. My first ambition was to be a jockey. But I grew to be five foot eight.
9. I have had only one romantic relationship in my life.
10. I am happiest when things are neat and organized.
Now, for the ten blogs I nominate for this award, I choose these.
The Never Done Farm
Farm Girl Cyn
Brambleberries in the Rain
Apples of Gold
The Self-Sufficient Life
Life on A Colorado Farm
The Jersey Homesteader
Worms and Flowers
Simply Canning Updates
This & That Homestead
Enjoy these lovely ladies and their blogs!