Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dehydrating.

.





















I started to dehydrate the mints, then I said, "What, am I nuts?"
The two on the left are obvious. The two on the right I am wondering if I mislabeled them. Anyone know what kind of mints they could be?





The greens are tricky. Too dry and they crumble, too moist and they mold. I already lost one bag. I will put the other one in again as soon as my cucumber slices finish this morning.

Noticing my skin looks a bit dehydrated as well!

~Faith

.

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of getting a dehydrator at some point. How do you use the dried squash in meals?? Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,

    You really should get one. Another great way to use them is to buy the old produce at cheap prices, bring it home and put it in the dehydrator.

    I don't know yet. I just was not about to throw it away, and I had no room. I still have frozen summer squash from last year, so didn't want more in the freezer.

    The easiest thing, of course, is to use all these dried veggies in soups all winter. That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

    I did a search and saw some people using dried z in quiches. Sounds like we can get creative about it. :)

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!