Saturday, May 5, 2012

.

Getting exercise in the last year or so had been increasingly difficult.   I've become what I have always dreaded; a pc potato.



I work at a computer for most of the day.   This gives ample time for me to... become ample.

But today was a fabulous day.   Michael's plans fell through.  He was going to be gone with a friend at a park all day, hiking, running, playing sports, swimming, and whatever else two energetic young men can find to do.    Staying home was a bit of a let down for him.

Gladly this all worked out into my favor.   I had determined that while he was gone I was going to find ways to be active all day long, whether walking in the beautiful weather, doing some dancing, perhaps some exercise DVDs, etc.    But instead, I got to be active with my son.

We spent some time practicing Shitō-Ryū karate, did some calisthenics, then headed out to the barn loft for some working out up there, rope climbing, and clearing out more areas to hang the rings later on.  We've got to go find our power drill this week.   It's hard to find anything these days.  We and our stuff are like ships in the night, perpetually missing any contact.  I wish someone on that ship would cannon shoot some supplies over.  ---  A batch of freshly baked cookies to the first person who can find my checks AND give them to me.

I had a grand time walking for a couple of miles down our country road, while Michael ran circles around me in his newly acquired ACUs and hiking boots, his black A shirt, and him stopping every few minutes to roll out another set of pushups.

We met some colorful characters along the way.    Had some callouts from one house that I'd rather not have had.  Then we had an enjoyable conversation with some motorcyclists who were retracing a ride after having dropped and lost their keys somewhere in the last few hours.

By the time we got back we were really missing our old pool that we'd have jumped into and floated away our sweaty exhaustion from a grand Saturday oot and aboot, as our Canny friend would say.  But we enjoyed sitting on the front porch in the shade for a while to cool off.

Nice view from the rocking chairs. 

IMG_9284

Now we are done playing some games and eating dinner and both of us looking forward to a good night's sleep.I am gonna be sore tomorrow!

Grateful for achy happiness,

~Faith

.



5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had an active day. I am trying to do more of that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your ribs you need to take it easy, don't over do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Glad you had a nice day. I enjoyed my weekend. Posted it on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Glad you had a nice day. I enjoyed my weekend. Posted it on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I had a great weekend, too. More energy than I had the last weekend I was off. Swept the dark places in my family room. Yuck! I'm going to physical therapy and learning more about my body and how to make it stronger. My therapist was born in Poland and has a very slight accent which is sweet. Her name is Marta and she's young and very nice.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!