Friday, August 28, 2009

Pain and Dance Practice!

.

The awful truth about this tooth. I have no idea how it's going.

I went to my dental appointment. It all went fine and I left a couple of hours later with my mouth numb and a temporary crown.


crownedtooth


The temporary crowns look a lot nicer than they used to! They used to be stainless steel, I think, but these temporary ones look like real teeth. I could live with this!

While running around, buying a new tire, some chicken feed and such, I began getting a headache. Then it spread to my eyes, then my cheeks, then my lower jaw and front teeth...

And then the anesthetic wore off. By the time I got home, I was holding the entire right side of my face and rushing for aspirin.

It did not help. I took more and called the dentist. I could not get to him. A series of unexplained things happened and I was on my own until 10 pm when I finally got a call from his wife. Might have been due to the sobbing on the last two calls I left.

By that time however, I was very calm. Very tired, very sleepy, VERY calm, and dizzy. You see, I found the pain pills that I'd been given when I ran my fingers through the Skill saw last year.

Mind you, I never used those pain pills then, but I sure needed them for my face! I have not felt that calm in a very long time. What bliss. My friend suggested I leave those with her.

So I am on antibiotics, because I'm thinking I've got an abscess. I will keep you updated, you poor people.

We had a few days of clear weather so we got nearly caught up on mowing and spraying. That's what we did most of the day yesterday, after running to the pharmacy.

Then we ran to town for our Civil War Dance Society's practice at the park pavilion.

We were a few minutes late, pulling in at the same time as this energetic and happy group.





And they had started on time! How punctual of them!





Here are a few shots I snapped in between dancing.

















Running through some steps with just two couples.





It was warm and muggy, due to the rain arriving about the time we began. Nothing was evaporating.





Probably about 30 of us were there and we had so much fun. The plan is to do this for a few more Thursday evenings until the bulk of us have these dances down pat.

We have one particular young man who knows how to lead, really well.





I have no idea if this in instinctive knowledge, or if he learned it somehow, but it sure helps. I have never danced other than a few square dances for elementary school P.E. and a very sad attempt at a three week long jazz dance class, so I know nothing. Having a guy who knows how to lead you through the dance, is AMAZING! I'm going to ask if he can give lessons to all the men and boys.

Rain all morning, so looks like we'll do schoolwork and catch up on housework til it's time to go clean the office. Then it's Friday Fellowship time.

I've got three more bags of apples in the kitchen. Need to find time to turn them into canned sauce, pie filling, and apple rings.

~Faith

.

11 comments:

  1. OMG I'm so sorry, if your run out of the pain meds, you should try ibuprofen or naproxen (aleve) they are NSAIDS which relieve inflammation, not thinning the blood like aspirin. 4 naproxen should take the edge off the pain.

    It looks like ya'll had a long dance practice, judging by the darkness in the last pictures :)

    Are the crowned teeth for Etsy? They look like something that would fit in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith..your creativity continues to amaze me! LOL...love the crowns! Regarding the "tooth" situation..a similar thing happened to Jan a while back, same procedure, same outcome! Ouch..I feel for you because I recall how much pain she was in!

    Good luck, hope you're feeling better soon!

    R Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea....crowned teeth for sale! HA

    Sorry about your pain, hope you get well very fast!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my crowned tooth idea. I just found that photo and plunked it into my post. All the typing looked so monotonous without a photo break.

    Sort of like kiddie books; you can only have so much writing before you get a picture.

    Perhaps I have a short attention span?

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, thanks!

    I need to go through my medicine chest (AKA the cardboard box I have under a pretty towel on a shelf in my bathroom).

    Apparently every pain reliever I had was out of date except the aspirin and acetaminophen.

    We went from 7 til about 9. It's funny watching the daylight disappear earlier and earlier. It sort of makes me sad. But I am also grateful for the more restful hours that the off-season brings at night.

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth,

    Friends, dancing, and silliness. Always fun! :)

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dean,

    Oh no, Jan too? I bet she was rocking back and forth holding her face too. LOL

    Thanks!

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Linda.

    I hope whoever is selling them is doing well. I thought it was a cute idea too!

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH FAITH! I am so sorry for your pain. Tooth pain is almost worse than labor. And again you crack me up with the happy pills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Tracy!

    Yeah, those happy pills - sneaky little buggers. No wonder!

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from others. If you become a regular commenter, I'll assume you are being friendly and pretty much comment regularly right back. :o) God bless and have a terrific day!